Applications for Postdoctoral Scholars at Academia Sinica for the First Session of 2023 are now being accepted starting from now. All applications must be submitted to the Department of Academic Affairs and Instrument Service (DAAIS) by August 22.
The Institute of Political Science at Academia Sinica (IPSAS) has to reserve times for the applicant’s Sponsoring Mentor to process the online applications, therefore, bring the deadline forward to August 15, 2022.
Applicants need to find a Sponsoring Mentor at IPSAS to sponsor their applications before they get started. A Sponsoring Mentor may sponsor as many Postdoctoral Scholars as he or she wishes. However, each project is limited to one applicant only.All applications are to be processed on-line (Open a URL in a new tab) It is not necessary to send hard copies of application materials.
Applicants need to send the application to the Sponsoring Mentor by clicking “Confirm” before August 15. The Sponsoring Mentor must be submitted to the Department of Academic Affairs and Instrument Service (DAAIS) before August 22, 2022.
Guidelines for application.
1.Guidelines for Postdoctoral Scholar Program at Academia Sinica.
2.Applicants with Ph.D. degrees conferred after January 2019 are eligible to apply. Approved Postdoctoral Scholars may be appointed as an Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Scholar or Regular Postdoctoral Scholar according to the review results.
3. In addition, at least 2 letters of recommendation must be received by DAAIS before the August 22.
4. If an applicant has not yet received the doctoral degree, the applicant’s doctoral advisor must provide a letter confirming that the applicant is expected to receive the Ph.D. diploma before the appointment starts.
5. When applying for the position of Postdoctoral Scholars at the Division of Humanities and Social Sciences or the position of Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Scholars (Distinguished), applicants are required to submit a proposal specifying the aim, significance, background, methodology, and anticipated accomplishment of their research projects. Application proposals lacking consideration of these factors will be adversely affected.
6. The Sponsoring Mentor (research fellow of the IPSAS) please specify in the “Letter of sponsorship”:
(1) The relevance of the plan to the five major research groups of the IPSAS;
(2) Relevant research projects conducted by the Sponsoring Mentor;
(3) The job and training that the applicant will perform in this plan;
(4) Whether the Sponsoring Mentor expects the applicant to write a paper on the part of participation, or whether both parties may co-author a paper.
7. The appointment period for the First round of the Program is from January 1, 2023, to December 31, 2024.
8.During the term of appointment, the Postdoctoral Scholar shall comply with the service regulations stipulated by the Academia Sinica Personnel Office please refer to here (Open a URL in a new tab) and also the requirements and instructions of his/her Sponsoring Mentor and host institute. In addition, the Postdoctoral Scholar is required to sign a work contract and a declaration which states that he/she is not the spouse or relative by blood or marriage of the heads of the employing organization, institute, and the Sponsoring Mentor.
For more information, please contact
Ms. Tseng, Ching-Cheng at DAAIS firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ya-hui Huang at IPSAS email@example.com